Saturday, March 28, 2009

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Yeah right!!!

Imitation is flattering is it not?  I’m sure Nintendo feels awfully flattered to have Microsoft and its Xbox 360 console blessing the latest addition to its accessory lineup that I hereby dub the XMote.  Trust me it’s better than the real name of this thing.  Anyway, during a presentation at the Game Developer’s Conference, Performance Designed Products unveiled the Gametrak Freedom.  It’s a new motion controller being developed for the Xbox 360 and PS3 that looks very similar to Nintendo’s Wiimote.  Okay, let’s face it.  It’s a pretty exact duplicate.

The Freedom controller will debut on the Xbox 360 this Fall and there are already 3rd party games being developed for it.  I’ve never hidden my opinions of the Nintendo Wii nor my lack of interest to ever play it so I can’t say that I’m at all interested in this latest news.  PDP is of course claiming that this motion controller will be unlike any other including the Wiimote.  The Freedom system includes two sensor bars placed or mounted to the sides of a display, which communicate with an ultrasonic emitter built into the Freedom controller.

freedom

Are you ready for a new age of gaming on the Xbox 360?  In2Games, a UK based game developer, is currently set to launch a title named Squeeballs alongside the controller.  It’s a mini-game heavy title being designed specifically for the Xmote or Freedom.  I must admit that I’m at a loss for words currently.

There’s no price attached just yet so start saving your pennies now.  What say you?

[via Unscripted 360]

So, is everyone ready for family online gaming on the 360 so their kids can get cussed out by a 14 year old kid that acts like he’s got comedic Tourette’s?

No comments: