Monday, April 7, 2008

Mitsubishi Renames LaserTV, LaserVue


You might remember Mitsubishi introduced their new innovative "Lazer TV" at the 2008 CES show. It was said that it was the best looking TV that many experts have ever seen, and Mitsubishi claims that it costs less to make than plasma and LCD TV's. It's similar to DLP TV's, but uses lasers to create what Mitsubishi claims is the purest form of light.

Well Mitsubishi renamed the new sets that are scheduled to come out in Q3 to LaserVue. The picture is said to be absolutely amazing, and if you're in the market for a HDTV, you might want to wait for this one. Even HD Guru said that the LaserVue set popped colors that were "the most vivid of any display device I had ever seen" besting a Pioneer Kuro and Sharp LCD in a side-by-side.

The Pioneer Kuro is said to be the best HDTV in the world, so that's pretty high praise.

[HD Guru via Crunchgear]

2 comments:

Mike.com said...

Crap. Just bought the highly rated Sony 52XBR4. I don't think I'd have waited for this to be released. Maybe I'll regret the decision. Oh well.

My review will follow when I find the time.

Nelson said...

I was just researching that TV earlier this week. Nice LCD HDTV, and I don't think you'll be disappointed with the purchase. Did you get it at Best Box or Suck it City?