Engadget got a tip on from some reliable sources who got a chance to test the second-gen iphone, which is said to be well under the testing phase. Here are some of the bullet points and details that the tester got to see:
- The first thing people will notice: the 2nd gen iPhone will be about the same size and shape as the first gen.
- It will, of course, have 3G. And proper GPS!
- The most noticeable physical difference is back of the phone is no longer metal -- the whole thing is glossy black, from top to bottom. The volume buttons are now chrome.
- Because it's got a little less metal to deal with, it doesn't have quite as many angular edges. The battery is (still) not removable.
- The phone itself will be slightly thicker than the first gen device.
- The headphone jack will no longer be recessed, and will finally be flush with the body.
- The device itself uses roughly the same size and resolution screen as the first generation product.
- No solid word on battery life or storage capacity.
Thanks to Engadget for this info.