Saturday, April 21, 2007

Vista SP1 released in the fall


Looks like Intel's CEO let the cat out of the bag by stating that the first Service Pack for Vista will be released in October or November. I'm sure that this didn't please Microsoft, due to that fact that no one likes to buy new software without most of the bugs being worked out.

Paul Otellini, president and CEO of Intel made this statement:

"In the corporate space, I believe most companies will act like Intel and do some pilots and testing today, but the deployment will actually happen when the service pack gets released in the fourth-quarter timeframe -- probably the October, November timeframe,".

Now that there is a release time table, I'm sure that this may slow people down on purchasing Vista until the service pack does come out.

Read the entire article here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a Vista Utimate computer; and it' pretty sweet! However, there are a few thing I don't like (like gluing Windows Defender inside Vista)

Nelson said...

You were able to remove that were you not?

Anonymous said...

Nope, only disable features. Like a said, they fused the damn thing into Vista. On bootup I'm still getting a message staating ,"Some programs were stopped from working."

I'm at a loss.