Saturday, April 21, 2007

Skinny DLP set: makes fun of fat TVs


If you're tired of your fat HD TV but don't want to brake the bank buying a plasma or LCD TV, check out the new JVC HD-58S998. The slimmest DLP TV on the market has gotten pretty good reviews on Cnet. The JVC goes for about $2,400 and doesn't sacrifice performance for price. Cnet says if not for a few geometry issues (the TV couldn't display perfectly straight vertical or horizontal lines), this 1080p set would have been a near-perfect.

So if your eyes are not that of a jeweler and you're in the market for a thin HD set, take a look at this one.

5 comments:

Mike.com said...

Some of these new thin DLP's are supposed to be wall mountable.

So here 'goes: Kickoff for the 2008 Bears season is the goal for my new home theater. I'll be obsessing over wall-mountable HDTV's and speakers, receivers, and HD DVD vs Blueray. There'll most likely be an AppleTV, too. I'm hoping for 1080p by then.

Nelson said...

Get the DLP!!! It's reasonable in price and as long as you get a 1080p the picture is very good. You might want to wait on the HD DVD or the Bluray until they figure out which one will win the war, unless you really want a PS3. Get the AppleTV and give me a review. From everything I've heard so far, I may get one some day.

Mike.com said...

2008... Can you wait 1.5yrs for my review? *l* If I had to buy today, and the price got a bit better, here's the TV I'd get: Samsung LN-T5265F

Nelson said...

Nice TV. I think I could use a upgrade myself.

LOL

Matthew Carstensen said...

I'm telling you, you cannot beat my 46" Sharp Aquos. 4 color engine. 10,000:1 contrast ratio. 4 ms refresh rate. And I got it cheaper than that television you just listed. I'm not saying, I'm just saying.