Friday, February 24, 2012

Imagine If 'Star Wars Episode I' Was A Good Movie.... NSFW



With the re-release of 'Star Wars: The Phantom Menace' in 3D, I get a chance to share and relive the Star Wars expirence with my son. But one thing that it has done is make me take another look at the prequels, and wish that those movies could have been better. If you've seen some of my previous posts about the subject of George Lucas and how he desperately NEEDS help with script writing, then you know how I already feel about this.

But clearly I'm not the only one who feels this way.

The folks at Belated Media has asked the same questions, and came up with a more streamlined plot that Lucas should have gone with. Like NOT killing off Darth Maul in the very first movie (such a waist of a good bad guy), and actually making Obi-Wan the focus point of the series. It is very intriging look at the 'Phantom Menace' and makes you wish that George had taken a more simple approach to the prequel's.

The video is a little NSFW because it has some language (F-Bombs) so be careful with the volume. But if you're a Star Wars fan, it is certainly worth a look.

[io9]

1 comment:

Fred said...

Much better idea than the mess the first movie was.