Sunday, August 15, 2010

Lucas Announces 'Star Wars' On Blu Ray In 2011



I knew this was coming.....

George Lucas in his never ending quest to get me to buy the same 6 movies 5 times in a row, has just announced that all six Star Wars movies will be released on Blu Ray in 2011. It will be for the 35th anniversary addition of 'A New Hope', and will mark a point in history where a man can continue to milk the same cow over and over again on an epic level. Lucas says that he will only have the new versions of the movies (Greedo shoots first), and will have some deleted scenes like the one above from 'Return of the Jedi'. No official date or price has been announced yet.

Now I know that I have no one to blame but myself, so I shouldn't complain about this. But after buying the first 3 movies on VHS, then the THX version on VHS, then the "Special Edition" with the Death Star blown up ring, then all the movies on DVD format, and now Blu Ray?

No!!!!!

I'm sorry Lucas..... You're not getting any more of my money for the same damn movies!!!

And I know that you will sooooooo miss my $100 you dirt bag!!!!

Ok, probably not.

[Engadget]

2 comments:

Mike.com said...

It will be mine. Oh yes, it will be mine. George said it would've been too expensive to restore the original scenes in HD. I call BS and think he'll release the Original and New Scenes HD edition in about 5 years.

Malcolm said...

I'll wait until the bargain bin. They'll be there after the 3D-digital, remastered remix on Blu-ray+ Collectors Edition comes out.