Monday, April 13, 2009

Star Wars: The Old Republic

Sorry about not posting in a while, life has been crazy lately.  So this week I promise to make sure that there are at least a couple posts from me per day.  And I am going to make a greater effort to make them more personal like this.  I have done a couple of reviews and comparisons of products in the past and I think I’ll do the same.

I wanted to share this trailer for the upcoming MMORPG, Star Wars: The Old Republic.  I’m going to be watching this game very closely for a number of reasons.  First, I am a geek and nothing says geek more than Star Wars, or Star Trek for that matter.  Since I’m a fan of both, I am a geek no matter what.  But I’m no fanboy….Let’s get that straight.  I digress.

Secondly, I was a big fan of the MMORPG Star Wars Galaxies, until the New Game Enhancements (NGE) completely jacked it up. I will not comment on this further since it will warrant a lengthy rant.

 

Thirdly, it is a game from Bioware.  They have a great pedigree when it comes to games.  From Baldur’s Gate to Neverwinter Nights to Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic to Mass Effect, these guys know how to make a great game.  If any company can make sure this game doesn’t suck, it will be these guys.  (OK, I’d probably trust Blizzard too, but they have their hands full with a somewhat successful MMORPG).

Enjoy.

 

No comments: