Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The Dark Knight Reviews Hit The Net

With the new Batman: The Dark Knight movie just around the corner, some reviews have already started to come through. And I have to say that I have not heard one bad one at all, with some calling for an Oscar for Heath Ledger’s role as the Joker. Richard Roeper from Ebert & Roeper called it the greatest super hero film ever made, and Ledger’s performance the best in over a decade. Check out what Massawyrm from ‘Ain’t it Cool’ news had to say about the film:

“This film is brilliant and has no equal in the realm of comic book movies. It is a film so good that I almost don’t want to see a third because I know there is almost no way it could live up to its predecessor. It will give children nightmares and redefine the way we look at The Joker, the Batman and comic book movies in general. This is the Godfather of superhero movies. The Empire Strikes Back. It is a film that may never find an equal, a film that will have you staring jaw agape with your hand planted in front of your face in disbelief at how far it is ready to go. It is what we always thought a Batman film could be, but never seemed to happen. Yes. It is the real deal. It is the greatest Batman story ever told.”

Clearly this is going to be great, and I don’t think I’ve been this excited about a movie in a long time. I’ve already got my IMAX theater tickets, and I can’t wait.

[aintitcool]

No comments: