Sunday, June 8, 2008

Rumor: Microsoft Announcing Xbox 360 Built In Blu-Ray Tomorrow


Microsoft is starting to drive us crazy about the rumors of a Xbox 360 Blu-Ray drive. They have been in denial of this since HD-DVD went down in flames with the uprising of Blu-Ray. Now according to a tipster who told Crunchgear that Microsoft will try to upstage Apple, with the announcement of a built in Blu-Ray drive for the 360 a hour before Apple's WWDC conference. Check the quote from the tipster:

"I‘ve got a close friend who works at Microsoft, previously with the HD-DVD division and now in the E&D division (Xbox, zune). I’m told MS will upstage Apple with a Monday 9am PDT announcement (1 hour before WWDC) via press release that the Xbox 360 will get Blu-Ray before Christmas. Price was “under the current Elite”, but i could get any more details."

It sounds like a nice try but I don't think anything is going to take away from Apple's party. And besides, the launch of a built in Blu-Ray player would only piss me off considering I was a semi-early adopter (a little over a year) of the 360. Oh well, I've got a PS3 now.

Thanks Microsoft!!!!

[Crunchgear]

No comments: