Monday, October 1, 2007

Any I.E.8 Info? Any At All???!!!


At first I thought this important article would come down to industrial espionage, and I was firmly in Microsoft's court. That idea may still be true; but there is an angle about competitive advantages that also is important. Other companies make plug in's and other extras and they don't want to have to wait and be a year behind on R&D. It isn't good for these companies, and it ultimately isn't good for Microsoft: Because believe me; every day Microsoft doesn't share info like API's is a day their competitors like Firefox and Opera get more user friendly and reliable.

Read this article by Mary Jo Foley of ZDNetand read some of the talkback on her site. Please share your ideas back here at Cowbell; I'd really like to know what you all think!

1 comment:

Nelson said...

Microsoft allowed this to happen by getting past up by browsers like Firefox and Opera. Soon it won't matter if there is a I.E. 8, no one will care.