Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Halo 3: Review


So after all the hype and major media blitz that Halo 3 has beat us over the head with for the last 3 months, the game was finally in my hands. I fired up the Xbox 360 and sat down to see what all the craziness was all about. Since I've only had the game 1 day, this is my short review of Halo 3. Now mind you that I've only played the first Halo, and I'm certainly not the fanboy that some of the Halo heads I've run into are. So I'm approaching this as a regular guy who just loves video games.

The beginning of the game gives you a short little back ground of the story up to now, which is a nice touch. But the first thing that just jumps out at me is the graphics. It's on par with most games that I've played on the computer, and that's no small feat. The controls are simple to use and very similar to Ghost Reacon 2 or Gears of War, so the learning curve isn't very big. The flow of the game is absolutely fantastic, and seamless. The game play draws you in and doesn't let go, so much that I had a hard time putting this game down. The AI is brilliant, with many of the enemies no only reacting to things that I did, but was changing their strategy. I haven't had a chance to play the on-line mode yet, but if it's as good as what I've seen so far of this game, I will be playing this for a long while.

Bravo Microsoft, so far, you've done something right for a change.

No comments: