Sunday, September 23, 2007

Gmail Getting Upgrade?


I've had a Gmail account since Google launched the email service in 2004. I thought it was one of the best email service available, and had I not just bought my own domain, I would've been using it exclusively.

Well, Gmail hasn't had an upgrade since its launch on April 1, 2004, and they've decided to give it a little shake up with two new features. One is called 'Google Gears Integration' which function hasn't been made clear, and the other is 'View Account Activity'. If you've ever wondered if someone was accessing your email, this will tell you how many computers or browser sessions are currently in your account and their IP address. It will also let you see pass account activity too, and will let you know if someone is taking a peek.

Not bad.

Two new Gmail features in the queue, New version of Gmail being tested [ZDNet via Crunchgear]

No comments: