Saturday, August 25, 2007

They Named it what????


I saw this on G4TV and Engadget.


Surely not as flashy as the gilded i.Beat organix seen at last year's CeBIT, TrekStor's i.Beat blaxx still looks mighty fine in its own right. Debuting at IFA, this diminutive player weighs in at just 26-grams and features a 1.3-inch 160 x 128 resolution display, MP3 / WMA / OGG / WAV / SMV file support, a built-in FM tuner, line-in port, a rechargeable Li-ion, and USB connectivity. The units arrive in both 2GB and 4GB flavors and come bundled with a set of Sennheiser headphones, and while the least capacious iteration will ring up at €119.99 ($162), you can double the storage space for just €30 ($41) more.
Now. Given the fact that it looks like its kinda cool. But I.beat blaxx. What, I.beat chinkz, or I.beat whitez wasn't available. Are you telling me that not one person in this company understood English enough to realize that that is a God-awful name. Really!!!
This is the kinda stuff that makes a brotha go militant.
/rant off

2 comments:

Nelson said...

"I.beat blaxx"

Someone in the marketing department fell asleep on that one. I really hope they didn't think that no one would notice a name like that.

Nelson said...

I think what is more disturbing is some of the comments that were left at Gizmodo's post of this. Some people were all over them stating that they're playing the race card by pointing this out.

As a black man, it bothers me if someone falls back on race to justify a wrong doing. But what is starting to bother me more is when something is legitimately wrong, and people say "oh..they're playing the race card again". As if any issue that's is brought up about race is bogus, untrue, or has no merit.

I think people are starting to "fall back" on the "they're playing the race card" a little to much. And sometimes not looking at the issue a little closer.

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/seriously%3F/a-letter-to-trekstor-re-racist-ibeat-blaxx-mp3-player-293515.php